- Dive Insurance
- All Dive equipment
- Double or twin share
- All meals
- Free Wifi
three days exploring the great barrier reef & searching for minke encounters.
Explore the Great Barrier Reef with a high chance of a Minke encounter!
For a limited time only (June-July 2021) Pro Dive Cairns is offering special three-day, three-night Minke encounter liveaboards to the Great Barrier Reef. Traveling to the Minke hotspots on the ribbon reefs off Port Douglas, this liveaboard trip is perfect for the diver looking for that next level of marine life encounter.
While Minke's operate on their own schedule and no encounter can ever be guaranteed, the liveaboard format allows for multiple sites popular with migrating Minkes, so encounters are highly likely. If Minkes are encountered at a dive site, divers will perform one of their up to 10 dives with the Minke, if a chance meeting happens on the way to a dive site, the boat will stop and guests will be provided with an opportunity to swim with the whales.
All this while still visiting a variety of outer Great Barrier Reef dive locations, giving you the chance to explore the very best of this Natural Wonder of the World. Along with Minke hotspots, you will visit a variety of outer Great Barrier Reef locations, all selected for their extravagance of marine life and excellent visibility.
Between dives, relax in comfort onboard one of our three premium Scubapro dive boats; these purpose-built liveaboard dive vessels; these feature air-conditioned twin or double cabins, spacious decks, WiFi, catered meals, and the comforts of home. With small passenger numbers and close crew-to-guest ratios, a high-quality, personalised experience from our dedicated staff is ensured at all times.
Departing Cairns every Tuesday until the end of July 2021, this three-day, three-night liveaboard trip offers a truly memorable and exciting way to fully immerse yourself and experience our magnificent World Heritage Great Barrier Reef environment.
Please Note: some medical conditions may prevent you diving and you will be required to complete a waiver and medical statement prior to the trip. If you have recently/continue to suffer from an illness or condition that may affect your dive fitness, or currently taking any prescription medication, you will need to consult a doctor for a 'fit to dive' medical certificate.
Special COVID-19 Information: The health and well being of our customers and staff are paramount. If any customers present to check-in with fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, or shortness of breath, you will be required to undergo a COVID-19 test prior to joining your trip.
WHY CHOOSE PRO DIVE CAIRNS?
- Purpose built, PADI Five Star Dive and Career Development Centre
- All dive crew are fully qualified PADI instructors. You will be diving with a passionate team of experienced professionals, ensuring the quality of your experience and your safety
- Our boats carry a maximum of 32 passengers and six crew, providing you with a more personal experience
- We provide a true liveaboard experience with our boats departing from and returning to Cairns for every three-day, two-night trip, with no boat to boat passenger transfers
- Access to 19 high-quality dive sites ensuring a diverse range of reef environments and dives
- Pro Dive Cairns is a high standard operator with Advanced Ecotourism Certification, committed to the long-term conservation of The Great Barrier Reef
- Pro Dive Cairns has one of the highest safety standards in the world. With safety the number one priority, there is no safer place to dive in the world
Optional Upgrades and Additional Courses
Additional certification courses available for completion during the liveaboard (additional cost):
We recommend that you visit our retail shop located on the corner of Grafton and Shields streets the night before your trip to arrange the diving/snorkelling equipment, ensure the necessary paperwork is in order and to ensure your certification details are correct. The shop is open Monday - Friday from 12 to 6pm and some Sundays.
Please note, the below itinerary is a guide only, and the order of sites may change. The skipper will always adapt the plan to the prevailing weather, tides and currents.
- Clothing and swimwear
- Warm clothes for the evening
- 2 x towels (ocean/shower)
- Dive medical if required
(ask us if you are not sure)
- Sun hat
- Marine safe sunscreen & toiletries
- Certification card (certified divers)
- Seasickness medication
- Shoes are not necessary
- Alcoholic beverages if you would like a drink in the evening
- Sleeping bags
- Extra luggage (luggage can be stored securely at our retail shop)
Your safety and comfort is our number one priority. Please let our experienced instructors know if you are worried, stressed or not feeling well at any point.
Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. If you answer 'yes' to any of the questions below you will need to consult a doctor and provide us with a medical certificate stating you are “fit to dive” prior to your dive trip:
- Since completing your last dive medical assessment have you suffered any illness or injury that may affect your ability to dive safely?
- Are you currently suffering any illness or injury?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medication other than the contraceptive pill?
- Is there any other condition, fact or circumstance that may affect your fitness or ability to dive safely?
We recommend that you do not fly within 24 hours of diving. The earliest you should fly is 12 pm (midday) on the day after your trip concludes.
You can cancel your dive trip for any reason at any time up to 48 hours before commencement and receive a full refund of all money paid to Pro Dive Cairns. There is no refund for any reason after this time. If you plan to book through a travel agent, please ask if they have any cancellation fees. We recommend that all customers have travel insurance.
The number of dives may vary subject to weather and/or other unforeseen circumstances.
Shawano, United States
Finished my scuba certification by doing my open water dive with them. Excellent experience... great food, friendly staff, good education. Wi Fi on the boat was a nice addition. Boat was spacious and never felt too crowded.
Read full review
Diving the Great Barrier Reef is an incredible experience. The diving sites were beautiful and I
particularly enjoyed the night dives. Safety was top priority and no one got lost during and after the dives.
Prodive Cairns made our trip very enjoyable, the team was...
Read full review
Tel Aviv, Israel
Thank you all,
My time at pro dive was perfect, where I learnt so much about the sea, the dives and a what is a great team.
I passed a month with pro dive cairns, my goal was to become a dive master and they...
Read full review