- Dive Insurance
- All Dive equipment
- Double or twin share
- All meals
- Free WiFi *
3 Day 2 Night Dive Coral Spawning Adventure
Coral Spawning is a once a year mass reproductive event where the coral release egg and sperm bundles into the ocean for external fertilisation. This once a year phenomenon is vital to the reefs continual adaptation and long term survival.
Join Pro Dive Cairns for a special 3 Day Coral spawning Dive Adventure, where you will visit up to four easterly outer Great Barrier Reef locations, taking in sites selected for their extravagance of marine life and excellent visibility. Divers get the opportunity to view magnificent hard and soft corals, giant clams, turtles, stingrays and the largest variety of tropical fish, both large and small. With an altered itinerary to include more night dives customers will get the best opportunity to experience this spawning even
The special schedule allows for up to 12 dives, 4 of which are night dives (conditions permitting) and snorkelling. Cabins onboard are all twin share (2 single beds in the form of a bunk) and there are two double cabins (1 big bed) available upon request. All major international scuba accreditations are accepted and snorkelers / non-divers are most welcome.
The Great Barrier Reef is renowned as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world and is a declared World Heritage site. It encompasses 350,000 square kilometres of the South Pacific Ocean, extends for 2,000 kilometres, and is made up of 2,900 individual reefs and 71 coral cays. Its ecosystem supports the greatest concentration of life on the planet including 1,500 species of fish, 350 different kinds of coral, 4,000 species of molluscs and 10,000 species of sponges. Water temperatures range from 22°C to 30°C allowing comfortable diving all year round.
Please Note: some medical conditions may prevent you diving and you will be required to complete a waiver and medical statement prior to the trip. If you have recently/continue to suffer from an illness or condition that may affect your dive fitness, or currently taking any prescription medication, you will need to consult a doctor for a 'fit to dive' medical certificate.
WHY CHOOSE PRO DIVE CAIRNS?
- Purpose built, PADI Five Star Dive and Career Development Centre
- All dive crew are fully qualified PADI instructors. You will be diving with a passionate team of experienced professionals, ensuring the quality of your experience and your safety
- Our boats carry a maximum of 32 passengers and six crew, providing you with a more personal experience
- We provide a true liveaboard experience with our boats departing from and returning to Cairns for every three-day, two-night trip, with no boat to boat passenger transfers
- Access to 19 high-quality dive sites ensuring a diverse range of reef environments and dives
- Pro Dive Cairns is a high standard operator with Advanced Ecotourism Certification, committed to the long-term conservation of The Great Barrier Reef
- Pro Dive Cairns has one of the highest safety standards in the world. With safety the number one priority, there is no safer place to dive in the world
Optional Upgrades and Additional Courses
Additional certification courses available for completion during the liveaboard (additional cost):
PADI Advanced Open water Course
Offered in conjunction with the liveaboard trip, this course is the next step in your dive training; designed to expand your diving skills, knowledge and to give the inexperienced certified diver added confidence in their diving.
The PADI Enriched Air Course add on available.
padi Enriched air Course
Enriched air (nitrox) is a nitrogen/oxygen mix that extends your allowable bottom time and reduces your nitrogen loading over multiple dives
We recommend that you visit our retail shop located on the corner of Grafton and Shields streets the night before your trip to arrange the diving/snorkelling equipment, ensure the necessary paperwork is in order and to ensure your certification details are correct. The shop is open Monday - Wednesday: 12.00am - 6.00pm, Thursday - Friday: 9.00am - 6.00pm and Saturday: 12.00am - 6.00pm.
Please note, the below itinerary is a guide only, and the order of sites may change. The skipper will always adapt the plan to the prevailing weather, tides and currents.
- Clothing and swimwear
- Warm clothes for the evening
- 2 x towels (ocean/shower)
- Dive medical if required
(ask us if you are not sure)
- Sun hat
- Marine safe sunscreen & toiletries
- Certification card (certified divers)
- Seasickness medication
- Shoes are not necessary
- Alcoholic beverages if you would like a drink in the evening
- Sleeping bags
- Extra luggage (luggage can be stored securely at our retail shop)
Your safety and comfort is our number one priority. Please let our experienced instructors know if you are worried, stressed or not feeling well at any point.
Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. If you answer 'yes' to any of the questions below you will need to consult a doctor and provide us with a medical certificate stating you are “fit to dive” prior to your dive trip:
- Since completing your last dive medical assessment have you suffered any illness or injury that may affect your ability to dive safely?
- Are you currently suffering any illness or injury?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medication other than the contraceptive pill?
- Is there any other condition, fact or circumstance that may affect your fitness or ability to dive safely?
We recommend that you do not fly within 24 hours of diving. The earliest you should fly is 12 pm (midday) on the day after your trip concludes.
You can cancel your dive trip for any reason at any time up to 48 hours before commencement and receive a full refund of all money paid to Pro Dive Cairns. There is no refund for any reason after this time. If you plan to book through a travel agent, please ask if they have any cancellation fees. We recommend that all customers have travel insurance.
The number of dives may vary subject to weather and/or other unforeseen circumstances.
Incredible trip! I had an amazing experience on the 5 day certification liveaboard with Pro Dive. My instructor Flo was so patient and made me feel calm and confident in the water from day one. She explained everything clearly and is a brilliantly instructor! The crew on board were so on it and supportive, there was a great atmosphere on the boat the whole time. The food was delicious too, we were all very well looked after! I’d highly recommend Pro Dive to anyone looking to get certified.
Read full review
We had a FANTASTIC time with Pro Dive! Friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff made the experience feel safe, relaxed and fun.We are certified divers but had not been diving for a few years. It was nice being able to go with a guide for our first dive. Then we were able to explore with just our buddies at our own pace.The dive sites were great and full of life! I have already recommended Pro Dive Cairns to friends and family and would pick them again next time we come to Cairns!
Read full review
Spent 3 days on a boat diving like there was no tomorrow! The crew (Kevin, Big D, Caleb, Lisa, Sam, Marinos and The Captain) were always helpful, fun and instructive. Would definitely recommend for experienced divers, for those who wish to learn how to dive or just for the fun of diving.
Read full review