- Dive Insurance
- All Dive equipment
- Double or twin share
- All meals
- Free Wifi
three days exploring the great barrier reef
- The 3 Day, 2 Night liveaboard is operating at a reduced frequency from July 1st, 2020. To keep up to date as to when it will resume regular operation follow our Facebook Page.
One day diving on The Great Barrier Reef is never enough, so join Pro Dive Cairns on a liveaboard dive trip, and spend three-days and two-nights exploring one of the seven Natural Wonders of the World. You will visit a variety of outer Great Barrier Reef locations, all selected for their extravagance of marine life and excellent visibility.
This personalised adventure offers an opportunity to participate in up to 11 dives, including two-night dives, as well as some great snorkelling on a variety of our 19 exceptional Outer Reef dive sites over four magnificent reefs: Flynn, Thetford, Milln and Pellowe Reefs. Diving at different times throughout the day, you will be able to encounter an amazing diversity of marine life including giant clams, majestic sea turtles, graceful stingrays, reef sharks, an incredible variety of tropical fish, spectacular coral formations and consistent underwater visibility. Night diving will introduce a whole new dimension of nocturnal life.
Between dives, relax in comfort on board one of our three premium Scubapro dive boats; these purpose-built liveaboard dive vessels; these feature air-conditioned twin or double cabins, spacious decks, WiFi, catered meals, and the comforts of home. With small passenger numbers and close crew-to-guest ratios, a high-quality, personalised experience from our dedicated staff is ensured at all times.
Departing Cairns every day except Monday & Tuesday this three-day, two-night liveaboard trip offers a truly memorable and exciting way to fully immerse yourself and experience our magnificent World Heritage Great Barrier Reef environment.
Please Note: some medical conditions may prevent you diving and you will be required to complete a waiver and medical statement prior to the trip. If you have recently/continue to suffer from an illness or condition that may affect your dive fitness, or currently taking any prescription medication, you will need to consult a doctor for a 'fit to dive' medical certificate.
WHY CHOOSE PRO DIVE CAIRNS?
- Purpose built, PADI Five Star Dive and Career Development Centre
- All dive crew are fully qualified PADI instructors. You will be diving with a passionate team of experienced professionals, ensuring the quality of your experience and your safety
- Our boats carry a maximum of 32 passengers and six crew, providing you with a more personal experience
- We provide a true liveaboard experience with our boats departing from and returning to Cairns for every three-day, two-night trip, with no boat to boat passenger transfers
- Access to 19 high-quality dive sites ensuring a diverse range of reef environments and dives
- Pro Dive Cairns is a high standard operator with Advanced Ecotourism Certification, committed to the long-term conservation of The Great Barrier Reef
- Pro Dive Cairns has one of the highest safety standards in the world. With safety the number one priority, there is no safer place to dive in the world
Optional Upgrades and Additional Courses
Additional certification courses available for completion during the liveaboard (additional cost):
PADI Advanced Open water Course
Offered in conjunction with the liveaboard trip, this course is the next step in your dive training; designed to expand your diving skills, knowledge and to give the inexperienced certified diver added confidence in their diving.
The PADI Enriched Air Course add on available.
padi Enriched air Course
Enriched air (nitrox) is a nitrogen/oxygen mix that extends your allowable bottom time and reduces your nitrogen loading over multiple dives
We recommend that you visit our retail shop located on the corner of Grafton and Shields streets the night before your trip to arrange the diving/snorkelling equipment, ensure the necessary paperwork is in order and to ensure your certification details are correct. The shop is open from Monday to Friday 12pm to 6pm.
Please note, the below itinerary is a guide only, and the order of sites may change. The skipper will always adapt the plan to the prevailing weather, tides and currents.
- Clothing and swimwear
- Warm clothes for the evening
- 2 x towels (ocean/shower)
- Dive medical if required
(ask us if you are not sure)
- Sun hat
- Marine safe sunscreen & toiletries
- Certification card (certified divers)
- Seasickness medication
- Shoes are not necessary
- Alcoholic beverages if you would like a drink in the evening
- Sleeping bags
- Extra luggage (luggage can be stored securely at our retail shop)
Your safety and comfort is our number one priority. Please let our experienced instructors know if you are worried, stressed or not feeling well at any point.
Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. If you answer 'yes' to any of the questions below you will need to consult a doctor and provide us with a medical certificate stating you are “fit to dive” prior to your dive trip:
- Since completing your last dive medical assessment have you suffered any illness or injury that may affect your ability to dive safely?
- Are you currently suffering any illness or injury?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medication other than the contraceptive pill?
- Is there any other condition, fact or circumstance that may affect your fitness or ability to dive safely?
We recommend that you do not fly within 24 hours of diving. The earliest you should fly is 12 pm (midday) on the day after your trip concludes.
You can cancel your dive trip for any reason at any time up to 48 hours before commencement and receive a full refund of all money paid to Pro Dive Cairns. There is no refund for any reason after this time. If you plan to book through a travel agent, please ask if they have any cancellation fees. We recommend that all customers have travel insurance.
The number of dives may vary subject to weather and/or other unforeseen circumstances.
Flo was amazing, great fun & very knowledgeable. Would defiantly recommend her and the rest of the pro dive team.
Read full review
My second time on the pro dive Cains live aboard and once again it exceeded all expectations. Absolutely brilliant experience. Every single staff member was great, especially Kevin who made the trip so much fun and gave the best dive briefs. Couldn't fault a single thing and great value for money. 10/10.
Read full review
Had the best time during the open water and adventure course on the liveaboard! Met great people on board the boat and in the classroom and obviously the GBR is just stunning! Thank you especially so much to our instructor Flo who is everything you could wish for in a teacher and such a great person! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to learn how to dive in Cairns :)
Read full review