- Dive Insurance
- All Dive equipment
- Double or twin share
- All meals
- Free Wifi
becoming a Rescue Diver
Our PADI Rescue Diver course is conducted over four days in conjunction with our three day, two-night liveaboard dive trip. The course consists of one day of pool and classroom training at our PADI Five Star Dive and Career Development Centre followed by the three-day liveaboard trip. You will get up to 10 dives on a variety of spectacular outer reef locations. These dives consist of a combination of training and recreational dives.
The Rescue Diver course is a crucial step in your diving education and is highly recommended to all divers. Throughout this course, you will develop your knowledge and skills to better manage diving incidents which could occur. Through this course you will come to appreciate and understand the importance of this training relevant to diver safety, incident minimization and management.
The prerequisite for this course is a PADI Advanced Open Water certificate or the equivalent rating with another training agency. You will also require a current First Aid certificate.
Important Health and Safety Information: Before commencing your course, you are required to complete the self-assessment Continuing Education Student Diver Medical Declaration. A positive response to any question indicates there is a pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner, preferably with experience in diving medicine, to obtain a dive medical certificate that states you are medically fit to dive.
To obtain a copy of the Continuing Education Student Diver Medical Declaration, please click here. The medical must be completed within 12 months of starting your dive course.
Why Choose Pro Dive Cairns?
- Purpose built, PADI Five Star Dive and Career Development Centre
- All dive crew are fully qualified PADI instructors. You will be learning to dive with a passionate team of experienced professionals, ensuring your safety and the quality of your certification
- Our boats carry a maximum of 32 passengers and six crew, providing you with a more personal experience
- We provide a true liveaboard experience with our boats departing from and returning to Cairns for every three day, two night trip, with no boat to boat passenger transfers
- Access to 19 high-quality dive sites ensuring a diverse range of reef environments and dives
- Pro Dive Cairns is a high standard operator with Advanced Ecotourism Certification, committed to the long-term conservation of The Great Barrier Reef
- The dive industry in Australia is heavily regulated, with safety the number one priority. There is no safer place to learn to dive in the world
Please note, the below itinerary is a guide only, and the order of sites and dives may change. The skipper will always adapt the plan to the prevailing weather, tides and currents.
- Clothing and swimwear
- Warm clothes for the evening
- 2 x towels (ocean/shower)
- Dive medical if required
(ask us if you are not sure)
- Sun hat
- Marine safe sunscreen & toiletries
- Certification card (certified divers)
- Seasickness medication
- Shoes are not necessary
- Alcoholic beverages if you would like a drink in the evening
- Sleeping bags
- Extra luggage (luggage can be stored securely at our retail shop)
Your safety and comfort is our number one priority. Please let our experienced instructors know if you are worried, stressed or not feeling well at any point.
Before commencing your dive course, you are required to complete the self-assessment Continuing Education Student Diver Medical Declaration. A positive response to any question indicates there is a pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner, preferably with experience in diving medicine, to obtain a dive medical certificate that states you are medically fit to dive.
The medical must be completed within 12 months of starting your dive course.
We recommend that you do not fly within 24 hours of diving. The earliest you should fly is 12 pm (midday) on the day after your trip concludes.
You can cancel your Dive trip for any reason at any time up to 48 hours before departure and receive a full refund of all money paid to Pro Dive Cairns. There is no refund for any reason after this time. If you plan to book through a travel agent, please ask if they have any cancellation fees. We recommend that all customers have travel insurance.
A Government Environmental Management Charge, Port Departure Tax and administration fee are included in your total fare. The breakdown of cost is provided in the rates table.