- Dive Insurance
- All Dive equipment
- Double or twin share
- Liveaboard meals
- Free Wifi
Get Certified in 3 Days On the great barrier reef
If you’re ready to take the plunge, we’re ready to take you into an incredible underwater realm and world of adventure!
With our new 3 Day eLearning Course, learn the theory of scuba diving online in your own time, before joining us at out PADI 5 Star Training Centre for a day of practical training. Then it’s time to head out on a 2 Day/1 Night liveaboard adventure to finish your training as a certified diver!
You’ll be with the same expert dive instructor throughout your training and participate in up to 6 dives at a selection of Pro Dive Carins 19 exclusive Outer Reef dive sites at Flynn, Thetford, Milln and Pellowe Reefs. There really is no better place in the world to learn to dive than the Great Barrier Reef!
We are committed to ensuring your health and safety at all times and have additional COVID Safe precautions in place. At sea, you’ll be staying aboard one of our premium ScubaPro liveaboard dive boats in single cabin accommodation, with a maximum of 17 passengers under current guidelines.
The four-day eLearning course offers a convenient, memorable and exciting way to become a certified diver on the magnificent world heritage Great Barrier Reef.
This course is a nationally recognised training program and is delivered on behalf of PADI Asia Pacific.
(Open Water RTO No.6729)
Special COVID-19 Information: The health and well being of our customers and staff are paramount. If any customers present to check-in with fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, or shortness of breath, you will be required to undergo a COVID-19 test prior to joining your trip.
WHY CHOOSE PRO DIVE CAIRNS?
- Purpose built, PADI Five Star Dive and Career Development Centre
- All dive crew are fully qualified PADI instructors. You will be diving with a passionate team of experienced professionals, ensuring the quality of your experience and your safety
- Our boats carry a maximum of 32 passengers and six crew, providing you with a more personal experience
- We provide a true liveaboard experience with our boats departing from and returning to Cairns for every three-day, two-night trip, with no boat to boat passenger transfers
- Access to 19 high-quality dive sites ensuring a diverse range of reef environments and dives
- Pro Dive Cairns is a high standard operator with Advanced Ecotourism Certification, committed to the long-term conservation of The Great Barrier Reef
- Pro Dive Cairns has one of the highest safety standards in the world. With safety the number one priority, there is no safer place to dive in the world
Important Health and Safety Information:
Prior to commencing your dive course, you are required to complete the self-assessment Student Diver Medical Declaration. A positive response to any questions indicates there is a pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner, preferably with experience in diving medicine, to obtain a dive medical certificate that states you are medically fit to dive. Medical must be complete within 90 days of starting your dive course. To obtain a copy of the form Click Here
- Ask plenty of questions, our instructors are keen to help you gain your confidence as a diver
- Let us know if anything is making you uncomfortable e.g. straps too tight
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated
- Don't give up and stay positive! If you are having problems, you are not alone and we will help you
Please note: pick up times will vary depending on location so please check your pick up time with our office. Please bring the travel voucher from your travel agent and/or course fees, your dive medical if required, cash for lunch, passport or Australia driver's licence, swimwear and a towel.
Below is some additional information that might come in handy
Day 1 at the Training Centre
- Marine safe sunscreen
- Money for lunch
- Dive medical if required
(ask us if you are not sure)
- Passport or Australian driver's licence
Day 2, 3, 4 on the Great Barrier Reef
- Clothing and swimwear
- Warm clothes for the evening
- 2 x towels (ocean/shower)
- Sun hat
- Marine safe sunscreen & toiletries
- Seasickness medication
- Shoes are not necessary
- Alcoholic beverages if you would like a drink in the evening
- Sleeping bags
- Extra luggage (luggage can be stored securely at our retail shop)
Your safety and comfort is our number one priority. Please let our experienced instructors know if you are worried, stressed or not feeling well at any point.
Before commencing your dive course, you are required to complete the self-assessment Entry Level Student Diver Medical Declaration. A positive response to any question indicates there is a pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner, preferably with experience in diving medicine, to obtain a dive medical certificate that states you are medically fit to dive.
To obtain a copy of the Entry Level Student Diver Medical Declaration, please click here. The medical must be completed within 90 days of starting your dive course.
The minimum age to learn to dive in Queensland is 10. There is no maximum age.
It is a dive course requirement that you be able to swim 200 metres or snorkel 300 metres and tread water/float for 10 minutes.
We recommend that you do not fly within 24 hours of diving. The earliest you should fly is 12 pm (midday) on the day after your trip concludes.
The trip amount is fully refundable up until 48 hours before course commencement. The eLearning portion of the course is non-refundable. Please contact us for the current value of the course.
If you have booked through a travel agent cancellation fees may apply. We recommend that all customers have travel insurance.
A Government Environmental Management Charge, Port Departure Tax and administration fee are included in your total fare. The breakdown of cost is provided in the rates table.