- Dive Insurance
- All Dive equipment
- Double or twin share
- All meals
- Free Wifi
Complete your certification with Pro Dive
If you have completed PADI pool and theory training elsewhere, Pro Dive Cairns can help you complete your Open Water certification training onboard one of our three-day liveaboard trips; during which you will have the opportunity to participate in up to nine dives. The first four are training dives, which will complete your PADI Open Water certification. Once certified, you can enjoy five more recreational dives, one of which is an exciting night dive guided by your dive instructor.
Pro Dive Cairns has access to 19 outer reef dive sites over four magnificent reefs: Flynn, Thetford, Milln and Pellowe Reef. Diving at different times throughout the day, you will be able to encounter an amazing diversity of marine life including giant clams, sea turtles, stingrays, reef sharks, an incredible variety of tropical fish, spectacular coral formations with consistent underwater visibility. Night diving will introduce a whole new dimension of nocturnal life.
Between dives, relax in comfort onboard one of our three premium Scubapro dive vessels. These purpose-built, liveaboard dive vessels feature air-conditioned twin bunk bed or double bed cabins, spacious decks, WiFi and catered meals. With small passenger numbers, we are able to offer a high-quality, personal experience with dedicated attention from our professional staff.
Departing Cairns every day except Tuesday, the three-day ocean referral course offers a truly memorable and exciting way to fully immerse yourself and experience our magnificent world heritage Great Barrier Reef environment.
Important Health and Safety Information:
Prior to commencing your dive course, you are required to complete the self-assessment Student Diver Medical Declaration. A positive response to any questions indicates there is a pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner, preferably with experience in diving medicine, to obtain a dive medical certificate that states you are medically fit to dive. Medical must be complete within 90 days of starting your dive course. To obtain a copy of the form Click Here
Why Choose Pro Dive Cairns?
- Purpose built, PADI Five Star Dive and Career Development Centre
- All dive crew are fully qualified PADI instructors. You will be diving with a passionate team of experienced professionals, ensuring the quality of your experience and your safety
- Our boats carry a maximum of 32 passengers and six crew, providing you with a more personal experience
- We provide a true liveaboard experience with our boats departing from and returning to Cairns for every three-day, two-night trip, with no boat to boat passenger transfers
- Access to 19 high-quality dive sites ensuring a diverse range of reef environments and dives
- Pro Dive Cairns is a high standard operator with Advanced Ecotourism Certification, committed to the long-term conservation of The Great Barrier Reef
- Pro Dive Cairns has one of the highest safety standards in the world. With safety the number one priority, there is no safer place to learn to dive dive in the world
- Ask plenty of questions, our instructors are keen to help you gain your confidence as a diver
- Let us know if anything is making you uncomfortable e.g. straps too tight
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated
- Don't give up and stay positive! If you are having problems, you are not alone and we will help you
We suggest you drop into our retail shop located on the corner of Grafton and Shields streets the night before your trip, to arrange your diving/snorkelling equipment, and fill out the necessary paperwork. The shop is open 7 days a week, from 0930 to 1900.
Please note, the below itinerary is a guide only, and the order of sites may change. The skipper will always adapt the plan to the prevailing weather, tides and currents.
- Clothing and swimwear
- Warm clothes for the evening
- 2 x towels (ocean/shower)
- Dive medical if required
(ask us if you are not sure)
- Sun hat
- Marine safe sunscreen & toiletries
- Certification card (certified divers)
- Seasickness medication
- Shoes are not necessary
- Alcoholic beverages if you would like a drink in the evening
- Sleeping bags
- Extra luggage (luggage can be stored securely at our retail shop)
Your safety and comfort is our number one priority. Please let our experienced instructors know if you are worried, stressed or not feeling well at any point.
Before commencing your dive course, you are required to complete the self-assessment Entry Level Student Diver Medical Declaration. A positive response to any question indicates there is a pre-existing condition which may affect your safety while diving and you must consult a medical practitioner, preferably with experience in diving medicine, to obtain a dive medical certificate that states you are medically fit to dive.
To obtain a copy of the Entry Level Student Diver Medical Declaration, please click here. The medical must be completed within 90 days of starting your dive course.
The minimum age to learn to dive in Queensland is 10. There is no maximum age.
We recommend that you do not fly within 24 hours of diving. The earliest you should fly is 12 pm (midday) on the day after your trip concludes.
You can cancel your dive trip for any reason at any time up to 48 hours before commencement and receive a full refund of all money paid to Pro Dive Cairns. There is no refund for any reason after this time. If you plan to book through a travel agent, please ask if they have any cancellation fees. We recommend that all customers have travel insurance.
A Government Environmental Management Charge, Port Departure Tax and administration fee are included in your total fare. The breakdown of cost is provided in the rates table.
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
I was on a 3day/2night with ProDive Cairns on ScubaPro 3 starting December 12th.
Great boat and spacious cabins, prof dive crew and nitrox available.
Captain Chris did a superb job under hurricane Owen challenges and planned so we could get all 11 dives expected....
Read full review
The 3 days trip was the climax of my travel. I am a diver from French Polynesia and it was incredible! Not as many fishes but the coral is just unbelievable. Gear was great, briefings perfect as was the teamð. I highly recommend them. A...
Read full review
Brisbane Region, Australia
I was the only snorkeler out of 30 something divers. I was very well looked after which was much appreciated.
Great group from The Scuba Coach (Brisbane/Gold Coast) and a few others.
Food was plentiful and great.
Great crew and loved that everyone pitched in...
Read full review